Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday 19 November 2010


Glow globe.
From the stack of things I'm not getting rid of as a sort through my crap: This thing is made out of, oh, boiled petroleum and lead maybe? It smells synthetic and feels a bit icky. In certainly isn't terribly useful and it's hard to defend it as beautiful. But the inner 18 month old in me adores it. It slowly, silently changes colors and I could watch it for hours. (Maybe my inner pothead is also a fan?) Furthermore, while environmentally dubious, it has nice memories linked to it. My best friend had similar thingies in Glasgow and I much enjoyed having them light up the bathroom, rave style, as I showered while staying at her flat. I found this one later on in that same trip while picking up postcards at a pound store in Chester.

No comments:

Post a Comment